Closing in on my 89th Christmas, I have so many great Christmas Musical Memories.
- Directing my Adult Church Choir's Christmas Cantata at the age of 15.
- Handel's "Messiah" dozens of times.
- "Here Comes Santa Clause", "Frosty The Snowman", "Silent Night", "O Holy Night", "Ala Nanita Nana", "Do You Hear What I Hear", "The Little Drummer Boy" performed by my choirs and played on the air while I was on radio.
- "Night of Miracles" sung by the First Baptist, Mt. Pleasant Choir and then by the First Baptist Church Choir in Bryan with Alice Gene Butler and Sue Poss and their solos of "No Room" and then later, at Central Baptist in Bryan when Day Butler and Marcia Mallard sang it with my A Cappella Choir from SFA. AND then with the Foothills Adult Choir in Vegas. Thrills!
- So many Christmas Concerts by SFA and Lamar choirs over the years. One great memory of "Sing We Now of Christmas" at Bryan Civic with Anita Geisenschlag playing that Steinway Grand!
- The thrill of hearing Tony Forehand and Roger Johnson sing "Mary Did You Know" for the first time at worship in Desert Hills Baptist in Vegas.
So very many spirit-filled hours of wonderful praise and joy of knowledge of the reason for the season.
I can't wait to join others once again in singing praises to God in the Heavenly Choir bass section!
(If you want a great, glorious singing of Christmas Music, check out Bill and Gloria Gaither's new video on YouTube, "A Merry Homecoming Christmas")
(I will share the Christmas Passage from the Gospel of Luke, Christmas morning. You are welcome to visit.)
And that's what I get from My Christmas Box of Chocolates right here in my corner studio under the shadow of Kyle Field.
James G Austin '69